DMCA COPYRIGHT POLICY
The Municipal Advisory Council of Texas ("MAC"), has adopted the following policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c), http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/hr2281.pdf. The address
of MAC''s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement is listed at the end of this policy.
MAC will (1) block access to and/or remove any material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and
distributed by any of our users, whether or not they are users; and (2) permanently remove and discontinue service to any repeat offender. This policy
shall cover all aspects of the Web Site services provided by MAC.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing or accessible on the MAC site or service infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright
infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement listed below. Note that
failure to comply with all or any requirements of this section may render your report or notice invalid.
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of works or materials being infringed;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the
copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that MAC is capable of finding and verifying its existence.
4. Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address.
5. A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on
behalf of the copyright owner.
Once the infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent:
1. MAC will remove or disable access to the infringing material;
2. MAC will then immediately notify the user that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
3. First time offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system.
4. Repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and MAC may immediately terminate such user''s access to Total Port.
The alleged infringing user may supply a counter-notice to the Designated Agent that must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the user;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed, or to which access to has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared
before it was removed or disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a
misidentification of the material; and
4. User’s name, address and telephone number and a statement that user consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in
which the user''s address is located, or if the user''s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which MAC is located,
and that user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, a copy of the counter-notice will be sent to the original complaining party informing that
person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling it within 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a
court order against the user, the removed material will be replaced, or access to it restored, within 14 business days after receipt of the
Please contact MAC''s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address: [email protected]
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Laura Slaughter, Executive Director
Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
Municipal Advisory Council of Texas
600 West 8th St.
Austin, Texas 78701
Phone: (512) 476-6947
Fax: (512) 476-6403
Or via email to: [email protected]